Melbourne Beauty Blogger Event – Saturday Oct 2nd 2010!

20 girls. 1 venue. Make up. Beauty. Spa treatments. Sweets. I’ll let you picture that for a moment.

Well guys, I don’t have to picture it because I lived it over the weekend! If you follow me on Twitter you would have noticed the non-stop excitement I had over the Melbourne Beauty Blogger Event which was held last Saturday. The event, organised by the amazing Valerie from Ponikuta.com, is designed to gather Melbourne’s beauty bloggers to meet and mingle in ‘real life’ instead of just our usual online twittering and blog commenting. I was really grateful to be invited. Thank you so much Val!

MBBE was held at Oxygen Skin Centre in Docklands, where in between mingling, offered us relaxing hand massages or crystal mud foot baths! Saturday was also my first day back to real food after my Urban Remedy juice cleanse so the Nudie Coconut Waters and the goodies from EARL Canteen tasted even more delicious. Ahh, the macaroons were simply to die for! Being a sort-of newbie to this whole blogging thing, I was totally in awe of meeting some of Australia’s best beauty bloggers. It was wonderful experience to share thoughts and ideas with other like-minded make up obsessed people! I had the most amazing time 🙂

Pictures say a 1000 words so here we go…

How cool are the top hat lights?!
We had iPad mug shots taken, which I thought was such a fun idea!

The theme of the event was pink! My fav colour 🙂 Check out the pink nails gang! That’s me at the bottom, wearing OPI’s Second Honeymoon.

The goodies from EARL Canteen. Yum yum!

Sandi from Onya Magazine sharing some inspiring words about her career journey so far and tips on how to approach editors.

With the lovely Jacie!

Gorgeous Stef and me – Pic courtesy of Stef and her new SLR

Pretty ladies Violet, Celina and moi

And of course me with host and blogger extraordinaire Valerie

Lookie lookie at all the loot we got! SIX goodie bags each guys, SIX!!!

Group shot of all the glam beauty blogging girlies!

The goodie bags contained over $2000 worth of products! Wow right?! Will I impose a beauty shopping ban? Probably not lol but I’m looking forward to trying all the products out. I foresee many, many, many product reviews coming up!

I had the most FANTABULOUS day. Sooo amazing to meet all you lovely bloggers out there. Cannot wait to catch up again soon!

PS. I’m sure you noticed but a few of the above photos are definitely not mine. They are courtesy of Jimmy America and Blue Crane Design. All professional photos can be viewed here.

9 Comments on Melbourne Beauty Blogger Event – Saturday Oct 2nd 2010!

1. Tine
    October 5, 2010 at 5:21 am (7 years ago)

Good meeting you that day, Jess! ‘Tis a pity we didn’t get to chat more 🙂

2. Jadegrrrl
    October 5, 2010 at 5:35 am (7 years ago)

OMFG!!! What an awesome day 😀 looks like much fun was had and 6 goodie bags WOWZA! 😀

3. Jessica
    October 5, 2010 at 10:40 am (7 years ago)

Oh wow, what an amazing day! Seems like you all had a lot of fun!!

4. Fables in Fashion
    October 6, 2010 at 11:59 pm (7 years ago)

Jess was so great meeting you 😀 Can’t wait till we can catch up again~

October 7, 2010 at 10:21 am (7 years ago)

@Tine – So good to meet you too. We’ll have to catch up again soon and have a proper chat 🙂

@Jade – I had the BEST time. I’m still in shock at all the goodies we received!!

@Jessica – So so so much fun! Was amazing to finally put some faces to twitter user names lol

@Fables in Fashion – Awesome meeting you that day Celina! Yes, we definitely have to catch up again soon 🙂

6. VioletLeBeaux
    October 9, 2010 at 12:15 am (7 years ago)

How on earth did I miss your post? Well it was awesome to meet you and yay for more lunches 😀

October 9, 2010 at 4:01 am (7 years ago)

Lol definitely YAY to more lunches Violet! Will have to organize another one in a couple of weeks 🙂

8. Plastic Surgery
    June 7, 2013 at 9:20 am (4 years ago)

I have to say that the information here was the most complete that I found anywhere. I can’t wait to read more from you. Thanks for the great content…

9. Laser Treatment
    June 19, 2013 at 7:41 am (4 years ago)

I just want to say I am all new to blogs and absolutely liked you’re blog site. I truly enjoy reading on this internet site. You definitely have really good articles. Regards for revealing your web page.