NARS Illuminator in Copacabana!

I’m sure you all know by now how much I love glowly skin. So when the three new NARS Illuminators were released, I squealed in delight and ordered them stat from the NARS website using Hop Shop Go. All 3 illuminators have been inspired by NARS cult beauty products – Laguna bronzer, Super Orgasm Blush and the Copacabana Multiple (which I have previously blogged about here) – and all are gorgeous. I am absolutely in love! Today’s post will be solely dedicated to the Copacabana Illuminator as it is my favourite from the bunch. Never fear though, I will be blogging about the other 2 very soon 🙂

Copacabana is like heaven in a tube, definitely an illuminator addict’s (ie. ME) dream! It’s a cool toned, pale pink that’s jam packed with micro-shimmer. It looks super frosty in the tube but once blended out onto the skin, it gives you the most gorgeous ethereal glow. It’s smooth and liquidy but not at all runny, so it’s very easy to work with and I like to use the MAC 130 brush for this or just my fingers. A tiny bit goes a long way too! Approx. half a pea size is sufficient to highlight the tops of my cheekbones, down the centre of my nose, under the brow and on the cupid’s bow. Be careful though as it dries pretty quickly so you need to work rather fast! I adore the sleek packaging as well and prefer using this over the Multiple, as it’s slightly more versatile and the glow is more full on. The Copacabana Illuminator is glowy, showy and simply breathtaking!

Look breakdown*~
Face and Cheeks
  • DiorSkin Nude Foundation
  • NARS Illuminator in Laguna mixed in (blog post to come)
  • Face of Australia Translucent Loose Powder
  • NARS Illuminator in Copacabana applied to the cheekbones, centre of my nose, under the brow and cupid’s bow
  • NARS Cream Blush in Penny Lane
Eyes
  • Medium and dark shimmery brown shadows from the 88 warm neutrals palette I bought off ebay.
  • MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
  • Clinique High Impact Mascara
Lips
  • MAC Creme Cup Lipstick
  • NARS Illuminator in Copacabana applied a little to my bottom lip

So much glow! Got to shout it from the rooftops 😀
    The NARS Illuminators are available now from all NARS stockists and in Australia from Mecca CosmeticaRRP US$29/AU$69.

15 Comments on NARS Illuminator in Copacabana!

1. Celina
      May 5, 2011 at 5:11 am (6 years ago)

Aww HT! You look gooorgeous~~ And that last photo is so freakin cuuute! You have beautiful glowy skin 🙂

2. Michelle
      May 5, 2011 at 10:45 am (6 years ago)

Very pretty, m’dear. (:

3. Jen W
      May 5, 2011 at 10:52 am (6 years ago)

I love this glow! It’s so refined and expensive looking LOL

4. DanniiBeauty
      May 5, 2011 at 11:05 am (6 years ago)

Wow you look great – I have to start looking at Illuminators, I haven’t tried any yet.
      This one looks like a must have!

5. Emily
      May 5, 2011 at 1:29 pm (6 years ago)

Lovely! You can really see the glow in the pictures! Of the 3 illuminators, is there a warm gold toned one? I’m looking for something like that

6. pinkribbons
      May 6, 2011 at 3:06 am (6 years ago)

Look at that glow on your cheeks! Do you apply this with your fingers or with a brush?

May 6, 2011 at 9:21 am (6 years ago)

L.O.V.E!
      You hola to the roof tops girl! HOLA!!!

8. Katherine
      May 6, 2011 at 9:45 am (6 years ago)

This looks wonderful on you!

Is it me, or is the price in AUD really, really high? I thought 1 USD was actually less than 1 AUD. =O

May 6, 2011 at 1:20 pm (6 years ago)

@Celina – You are super sweet HT! Thank you xx

@Michelle – Aww thanks lovely 🙂

@Jen W – Yes, I totally know what you mean! It’s a fab formula so that really hepls 😀

@DanniiBeauty – Definitely a must have. It’s now my fav liquid highlighter!

@Emily – No unfortunately there isn’t one from NARS, but I’d say Benefit Moon Beam sounds exactly like what you’ve been looking for! x

@pinkribbons – I usually use a brush, like my MAC 130, but you can def use your fingers too 🙂

@Haute_Style – Lol I’m sure you can hear me all the way up in QLD 😉

@Katherine – Yes, the mark up on prices here in Australia is insane! Hence, why I tend to buy a lot of my make up online.

10. Jessica
      May 7, 2011 at 5:08 am (6 years ago)

OMG LOL @ that picture of you – so cute! This looks super pretty… I love the NARS highlighters!

11. Grace
      June 9, 2011 at 5:13 am (6 years ago)

WOW, that highlighter really makes a difference! i have a highlighter but sometimes you can hardly tell im wearing it! you look great btw 😀

12. thupham2
      June 13, 2011 at 12:27 pm (6 years ago)

Hey thanks for this! I might get this but need your opinion first: if I apply this highlighter on and then set with powder (not translucent) will that diminish the glow? Coz if the difference is too great, I won’t get it then 😛

13. cosmetic surgery perth
      April 4, 2012 at 2:43 am (5 years ago)

You did a great job of maximizing the potential of your cosmetic tools. I love it.

14. Tien
      November 21, 2014 at 2:38 pm (3 years ago)

wow! the highlighter looks really good on you! You have beautiful skin!
      Im nc35 can you please recommend a good contour and highlighting product. I want ti slim down my face with contouring but is having trouble choosing a shade to match. im hoping you can help me.
      Thx!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on NARS Illuminator in Copacabana!