Ok so I thought I'd write about something non beauty related today! A shock I know, but let's face it, as much as I love all things beauty I do have other interests, as I'm sure you do as well. Food is definitely one of those other interests, and I've just recently discovered a new love for cooking. So I'd like to share my take on a recipe for peanut butter cookies! I say "my take" as I may have stolen borrowed the recipe from Janelle Bloom (a chef on Ready, Steady, Cook) and just tweaked it a little bit. It's a super EASY recipe that I think anyone can do! So here we go :)
- 1 jar crunchy peanut butter (500g)
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Tools you need*~
- Medium size mixing bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- Flat baking tray
- Baking paper or butter
1. Preheat your oven to 180C and line your tray with a sheet of baking paper (if you don't have any baking paper on hand, like me, just grease the tray lightly with butter)
2. Add all your ingredients into the bowl and mix your heart out. Mixture may feel wet and sticky at first but as you start mixing, it will combine and turn into a semi dry, almost crumbly texture.
3. Grab tablespoons of your mixture and roll into balls. Place on your tray a couple of centimetres apart, as the cookies will expand a little. The mixture should make approximately 25-30 cookies depending on the size.
4. Once all a laid out on the tray, take your fork and flatten each ball slightly. You can just use your spoon or fingers to flatten but I like the effect a fork gives. Got to make them look pretty!
5. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Your cookies will start smelling fabulous and will be ready once they brown and crisp up all nice. Take out of the oven and let the cookies rest on the tray for 5 minutes. You might be tempted to eat them straight away but if you pick them up now they'll crumble into a big mess so just wait.
6. Once rested, all that's left to do is... Eat and enjoy!!
Hope you guys found the recipe helpful and enjoyed my Instagram skillz too lol. Let me know if you end up making them!