Tom Ford Beauty – Traceless Foundation Stick!

Tom Ford Beauty is a range which never fails to take my breath away. Sure it’s on the pricey side I don’t deny that, but hey, I’m a firm believer in “you get what you pay for” and when it comes to Tom Ford, you get exactly that – not only do the products look and feel amazing, they work well too!

Lately I’ve using the Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick. I’ve never given stick foundations much thought before as I love the feel of liquid foundation but since it was sent to me, I thought I’d give it a shot. So glad I did as it is WONDERFUL! The foundation is rich and creamy, and while the texture seems a little heavy at first, once blended onto the skin, it’s beautifully soft and smooth. It has a medium buildable coverage with a lovely velvety finish. It looks quite natural on and feels almost hydrating, so doesn’t dry or cake on the skin. It also has amazing lasting power, I get a full day’s wear on my combination oily skin. I also like the sleekness and convenience of the tube, makes for a very travel friendly product.

To apply, I swipe the foundation stick twice on each cheek, once along my forehead, once on the chin and once down my nose. Then I blend out with my fingers. I find using my fingers works better as the warmth from your hands will help soften the foundation and make it easier to blend onto the face more evenly. Then I finish with a light dusting of translucent powder (I use FOA Translucent Face Powder) but it’s not essential. This also works great as a concealer –  just dot it onto blemishes/dark circles and blend.

Before: No foundation… eeek!
After: With Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick in Beige (not set with powder)

The Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick comes in 10 shades and is available now from counters in David Jones Melbourne and Sydney city stores. RRP AU$110.

Please note the product featured above has been provided for consideration. All products are reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy.

10 Comments on Tom Ford Beauty – Traceless Foundation Stick!

March 20, 2012 at 6:01 am (5 years ago)

AHHH! WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT!!!

2. emmabovary
    March 20, 2012 at 9:29 pm (5 years ago)

Wow, that coverage is lovely! I always worry that stick foundations will cake on me so it’s nice to hear that this does not 🙂

3. thebeautydispensary
    March 21, 2012 at 9:54 am (5 years ago)

wow. Ive been using Benefit play sticks for a few years now and i am kind of sort of maybe looking for a new foundation. I prefer stick foundations but was sure there were not really too many around. This may be what i am looking for. Thanks for the post sweets. I will most defiantly be going to check these little lovelies out.

4. Beauty in the Sky
    March 21, 2012 at 3:14 pm (5 years ago)

This looks amazing on you, I’ve never tried a stick foundation before but if I was to get one this Tom Ford one would be my top pick!

March 22, 2012 at 4:49 am (5 years ago)

@Celeste – Omg yes, isn’t it just so sexy?!

@Haute_Style – Hahaha get, get, get! 😛

@emmabovary – Yes, it’s awesome that this one doesn’t and it’s not too heavy either!

@thebeautydispensary – Definitely give this one a try next, I’m sure you’ll love it!

@Beauty in the Sky – Thanks lovely! Try it out, you might like it 🙂

6. kerker
    April 4, 2012 at 12:44 pm (5 years ago)

wow this stick foundation looks amazing on you! I’ve tried other stick foundations and they normally make my face look really dry and cakey!

April 16, 2012 at 12:13 am (5 years ago)

@kerker – Yes, I totally felt the same way but this one works a treat! 🙂

8. Cosmetic Surgeon
    June 7, 2013 at 9:14 am (4 years ago)

This was an excellent article. It has some valuable content on this topic. Thank you for compiling it into an easy to read and well written post.

9. aesthetic clinic
    June 19, 2013 at 7:41 am (4 years ago)

That is very good comment you shared.Thank you so much that for you shared those things with us.Im wishing you to carry on with ur achivments.All the best