I’m officially back in blogging business! I had the most AH-MAZ-ING time over in the USA! It’s definitely one of my new favourite places to travel to and I’m already planning another trip back! I will do a separate post on my US adventures very soon, once I’ve sorted through the 3000+ photos I took while over there lol. But I thought I’d start off with what I’m sure you guys are most eager to read about… my beauty hauling!
Beauty shopping in the US is awesome, not only do you have your standard beauty counters in Nordstrom, Sak’s and Macy’s etc but you also have Sephora! Sephora is, without a doubt, BEAUTY HEAVEN. A beauty heaven where I could spend hours upon hours, looking at, playing with and swatching an endless amount of beauty products – it’s insanely good. LOVE!
Ok so enough rambling. Here is it, my USA beauty haul!!
- Smashbox Lash DNA Mascara
- Yves Saint Laurent Faux Cils Mascara
- Bath and Body Works Body Lotions – Japanese Cherry Blossom and Paris Amour
- Sephora by OPI Nail Polishes – Teal We Meet Again, My Personal Serpent and Eve-y On The Eyes
- Boscia Mini Skincare Pack (Sephora Beauty Insider 500 point Perk)
- Sephora Eyelash Curler
- Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Rollerball
- Tom Ford Private Blend Lip Colour
- Tarte Radiant & Rested Set
- Sephora Eyelash Application Kit
- Sephora Collection Pro Lesson Eyeshadow Palette
- Duo Black Eyelash Glue
- Sephora Collection Moonshadow Baked Palette – In The Nude
- Sephora Collection Eyeshadow Pencils – Taupe and Marine
- MUFE HD Blush – Walk of Shame and PDA
- MUFE Aqua Eyes #13 and #15
- Chanel Illusion d’Ombre – Illusoire
- Givenchy Eyebrow Show Powdery Eyebrow Pencil
- Smashbox Primer Light
- Victoria Secret Highlighting Powder
- Clinique Chubby Stick – Watermelon
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush – Amused, Tipsy and Blushing Bride
- Guerlain Meteorites Light Perfecting Base
- NARS Blush/Bronzer Duo – Orgasm/Laguna
- NARS Eyeshadow Trio – Delphes
- NARS Eyeshadow Duo – Grand Palais
- NARS Lipglosses – Turkish Delight, Dolce Vita, Chihuahua, and Moon Fleet
- NARS Blushes – Gina, Lovejoy, Amour, Torrid, and Desire
- NARS Eyeshadows – China Blue, Mekong, Lola Lola and Fez
- NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
- Illamasqua Pure Pigment – Android
- Illamasqua Lipgloss – Indulge
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Maybelline One By One Mascara
- Korres Jasmine Lip Butter Duo Set
- Benefit Primer Set
- Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eyeliners – Black Ebony and Mahogany Brown
I am soooo excited about this trip. It’s my first time to mainland America, I’ve only previously been to Hawaii where I actually got to celebrate my 11th birthday. So I can’t wait to see all the touristy sights such as Disneyland, Vegas, the Statue of Liberty, Alcatraz etc and of course all the SHOPPING! I’m not called a shopaholic for nothing you know lol
So here’s what’s in my travel make up bag… It’s probably more than I should really bring since I’m usually pretty lazy about applying make up when I’m on holiday and I’ll also be purhasing a bucket load of cosmetics over there but I do like to be prepared for any occasion!
- Missha BB Cream No. 23 – It’s super hot in the US at the moment, so I’ll probably stick to wearing BB cream rather than foundation during the day. Plus this has the added bonus of SPF 42+!
- Chanel Prolumiere Foundation
- Face of Australia Face Base Primer
- Urban Decay Naked Palette – Great colours that can take me from day to night
- MAC Eyeshadow Quad (Blanc Type, All That Glitters, Soft Brown & Satin Taupe) – My essential MAC colours that have no dupes in the Naked Palette.
- MAC MSF Natural
- NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
- NARS Laguna Bronzer and Orgasm Blush Duo
- NARS Albatross Highlighter
- NARS Dolce Vita Blush
- Covergirl LashBlast Fusion Mascara
- Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Liner
- Prestige Ultimate Brow Definer
- Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm
- Chanel Rivage Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick
- Tom Ford Pink Dusk Private Blend Lip Colour
- MAC Hug Me Lipstick
- Illamasqua Divine Sheer Gloss
=&2=& peanut butter (500g)
– 1/2 cup caster sugar
– 1/4 cup plain flour
– 1 egg
– 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
– Medium size mixing bowl
– Wooden Spoon
– Flat baking tray
– Baking paper or butter
=&5=& Preheat your oven to 180C and line your tray with a sheet of baking paper (if you don’t have any baking paper on hand, like me, just grease the tray lightly with butter)
=&6=& Add all your ingredients into the bowl and mix your heart out. Mixture may feel wet and sticky at first but as you start mixing, it will combine and turn into a semi dry, almost crumbly texture.
=&7=& Grab tablespoons of your mixture and roll into balls. Place on your tray a couple of centimetres apart, as the cookies will expand a little. The mixture should make approximately 25-30 cookies depending on the size.
=&8=& Once all a laid out on the tray, take your fork and flatten each ball slightly. You can just use your spoon or fingers to flatten but I like the effect a fork gives. Got to make them look pretty!
=&9=& Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Your cookies will start smelling fabulous and will be ready once they brown and crisp up all nice. Take out of the oven and let the cookies rest on the tray for 5 minutes. You might be tempted to eat them straight away but if you pick them up now they’ll crumble into a big mess so just wait.
=&10=& Once rested, all that’s left to do is… Eat and enjoy!!
Hope you guys found the recipe helpful and enjoyed my Instagram skillz too lol. Let me know if you end up making them!
My MUA was Oonagh, who was super friendly and very knowledgeable about make up and the brand. First off, she sat me down and we discussed what sort of look I wanted and the colours I preferred. She also asked if there were any products I was particularly interested in trying – why yes, of course, hello Gleam Cream! Then Oonagh proceeded to collect all the items she wanted to use and placed them on the counter in front of me, and once I was happy with all of them, we got started 🙂 I thought it was great that she had all the products really to go first, I’ve had countless makeovers where the MUA would go back and forth between me and getting a different product and that’s so annoying!
Oonagh started by priming my face with the Satin Primer and applied Gleam Cream to areas she wanted to highlight (ie. tops of my cheekbones). The Cream Foundation was applied next and set with the Powder Foundation along the t-zone for a flawless finish. For my cheeks, she used the Cream Blush in Betray and Illuminator in Fondle, which is a very pretty shimmery pink. Next came the eyes, the same Illuminator was used as a base then Soul was applied all over the lid, Drama to the crease and Succumb to under the brow. The Pure Pigment in Breath was also applied to the centre of my lids and inner corners for added sparkle, and the Precision Ink in Abyss was applied to my upper lashline. Then the Bronzing Duo was used to contour my cheeks slightly, and the Powder Blush in Hussy was added to the apples of my cheeks to set Betray and make the colour pop. The Powdered Metal in Ether was also applied to areas for more highlighting and glow, which you know I totally love. The Lipstick in Climax was used on my lips, and topped off with a little Sheer Lipgloss in Soul
The event was held at the Hoyts Director’s Suite in Melbourne Central. It started off with a drink upon arrival at the bar, where the lovely Kit MUA’s were giving mini make overs!
So of course, I had a little touching up done and here’s the finished look. Please forgive the quality of the photo, I hurriedly took this in the bathroom using my iphone lol.
The MUA applied a shimmery, champagne coloured shadow on my brow bone and along my cheek bones. Then applied a pretty pink blush onto my cheeks. On the lips she used the Smashbox Lip Tech in Sangria and topped it with the lipgloss in Tease, which was a bright looking red in the tube but I really like how it turned out on my lips!After all the makeovers we headed up to the theatre, where we were took our seats and were offered a complementary popcorn or choc top (woohoo!). I always have so much fun in the directors suite, the chairs are so comfy!
We also received goodie bags which contained:
- Jonathan Aston ‘Burlesque’ Fishnet Stockings
- Samples of the O-Gloss, Photo Finish Primer and Photo Op Under Eye Brightener
- A voucher for a Burlesque inspired makeover at Kit, with the Smashbox Burlesque collection.
I have a major soft spot for musicals and Burlesque did not disappoint. I LOVED every minute of it. The make up, the costumes and Christina’s voice were all just WOW. Yep… WOW! If you haven’t seen this yet, please go check it out. Trust me, you’ll be in awe of the flawless make up and drooling over Ali’s sparkley Louboutins!
Thank you so much to Kit Cosmetics for such a fun night, and of course to Dea for inviting me!
|Dea and moi 🙂|
Please watch for the surprise at the end. I know this vid is quite long, I think I ramble on way too much. I always try to make shorter videos but it never seems to happen lol
Here’s a few snaps of what’s inside the Melbourne store.
|Estée Lauder skincare!|
|Bobbi Brown and MAC aisle! *drools*|
1 2 Next